Furutech EVOLUTION II AUDIO XLR
The material used is the Alpha OCC guide. Cable terminated with high-quality plugs FP-701M (G) and FP-702F (G).
High Performance Addiction • Audiophiles Want What They Need
All enthusiasts are looking for the same things: Verisimilitude, a sense of engagement promoting suspension of disbelief, a veritable immersion in audio and video experience. To detach without effort from modern time’s exigencies requires meticulous preparation of the entire playback chain, especially cables, power cords and AC distribution.
Evolution II, an update of the extremely well received Evolution series, incorporates newly-engineered anti-resonance cable clamps as well as an upgraded dielectric/insulation of RoHS-compliant Pb-free PVC incorporating anti-resonance carbon particles in its manufacture. Our Pure Transmission philosophy
incorporates rhodium-plated pure copper conductors, even the IEC connectors of the Evolution II power cord. No detail too small, every element of signal and power transmission engineered to within an inch of its life, treated with advanced processes, and turned out with beautiful design and build quality to enrich every music experience.
- High performance beautifully engineered gold-plated [FP-701M(G)/FP-702F (G)] XLR connectors
- XLR connector pins beautifully engineered copper alloy α (Alpha)-conductor with PBT dielectric
- XLR body and housing made of nonmagnetic copper alloy
- Shield 1 0.12 mm α (Alpha) conductor wire braid
- Cable insulated with polypropylene reducing capacitance and damping vibration
- Results in greater resolution, clarity, powerful dynamics, and an ultra-quiet soundstage in which music develops more fully without artificial upper-frequency “presence region” glare
α (Alpha) Conductor Is Composed Of Fine OCC Wire Strands
Treated With Furutech’s α (Alpha) Cryogenic and Demagnetizing Process
- α (Alpha)-OCC Conductor wires are treated with the FURUTECH α(Alpha) to minimize transmission loss.
- Finished with High Performance FP-701M(G)/702F(G) XLR Connectors.
- The pin of FP-601M(R)/602F(R) is made using non-magnetic 24k Gold Plated Eutectic cast Brass with dielectric PBT. Non-magnetic Brass Housing (Black).
- Shielded with 0.12 mm α(Alpha) conductor wire Braid realizing superior noise isolation.
- Insulated with high quality Polypropylene which contributes to a reduction in capacitance.
“… wholeheartedly recommend these cables to someone looking for more from their present system.”
-- Brett Rudolf EnjoyTheMusic.com
“Furutech’s cables offer great transparency and purity, plus an uncanny ability to block out noise and grunge.”
-- Chris Martens The Absolute Sound
- Conductor：α(Alpha) conductor （80 pcs／0.18 mm）,Diameter：1.86 mm
- Insulation：Polypropylene (Red, White) ,Diameter：2.46 mm
- Twisting：2 Cores Twisted Together with Cotton Yarn.
- Barrier Layer：Non-woven Fabric（Warp）, Diameter：5.0 mm Approx.
- Shield：α(Alpha) conductor 0.12 mm Braid, Diameter：6.0 mm Approx.
- Sheath: Flexible PVC (Dark Green), Diameter：9.0 mm
- Jacket：Nylon Yarn Braid, Diameter：10.0 mm Approx.
Electrical Properties of Cable / Test Method
・Max. Conductor Resistance 10.0 Ω／km,JISC3005 4.4 20℃
・Min. Insulation Resistance 1000 MΩ‧km,JISC3005 4.7.1 20℃
・Dielectric Strength AC. 500 V／1 min.,JISC3005 4.6 a
・Electrostatic Capacitance Approx 42 PF／m,at 1 KHz
・Characteristic Impedance Approx 120 Ω,at 100 KHz