Kinki Studio VISION DAC-1 - digital to analog converter (silver)
VISION DAC-1 is a Balanced DAC, equipped with a single AKM high-performance, high sound quality digital audio chip AK4495, with built-in XMOS XU208 USB interface, FEMTO clock, dedicated Word Clock input, supports up to 32/384k, DSD128 via USB, and 24/192k and DoP DSD64 via SPDIF.
The DAC-1 is designed with the following philosophy in mind: The intent is not to pursue to chase after the support of the highest bit/sampling rate music formats, nor to pursue the latest or flagship DAC chip as the selling point, but to pursue a pleasant and musical listening experience.
- Two transformers from the British company AMPLIMO (one each for digital and analog power supplies so that the power does not interfere with each other.)
- Main board is enclosed with 8mm thick of anodized aluminum ‘wall’, effectively eliminate the nasty EMI/EMC induced from the surrounding equipment
- Extremely high cost 0.2µm gold-plated printed circuit board (PCB)
- Neutrik XLR sockets
- Gold-plated connectors for input stage signal and transformer primary stage.
Neutrality and musicality were the goals to achieve. Rich tonal quality, vivid sound imaging, details, high resolution and dynamic. The choice of the components, design, and tuning does just that.
- DSD: DSD64 (2.8224MHz), DSD128 (5.6448MHz)
- PCM: 44.1, 48, 176.4, 192, 384, 768KHz
- Sampling Rate: PCM 32/384KHz, DSD128/5.6448Mhz
- S/N Ratio: 116db
- Dynamic Range: 122dbA
- THDN%: 0.008% @ 2Vrms
- Frequency Response: 3-150KHz (0-3db)
Input / Output:
- Input Connector: Coax, BNC, AES/EBU, USB
- Output: RCA (3Vrms), XLR (6Vrms)
- WCLK: BNC Word Clock Input
Dimension and weight:
- Dimension: 430W x 90H x 330D
- Weight: 11KG
Press reviews (VISION DAC-1):