This product is available in our stores
Kinki Studio EX-M1+ - dual mono integrated amplifier (silver)
"The true universal integrated amp, period".
This is the design aim of the new EX-M1+. The answer for many of our customers who were looking for an End Game integrated amp with preamp output, home theater bypass input, fully dimmable display.
- Volume control based on R2R resistor ladder with 100 steps increment
- Dual-mono design based on the British company Exicon Mosfet transistors - two pairs for one channel, fast and dynamic
- Two 300W transformers from the British company AMPLIMO
- American Vishay BC capacitors (as a curiosity - the same Nagra uses in their products)
- Two separate low-noise transformers from the Czech manufacturer Talema, supplying preamplifier sections
- Gold-anodized aluminum heat sinks with drilled holes, we have the same holes in the lower housing as well as the upper, so the amplifier has free air flow
- Extremely high cost 0.2µm gold-plated printed circuit board (PCB)
- Furutech FI-03 power socket
- Neutrik XLR sockets
- Internal copper cabling OCC, OKI Flat Ribbon and OMRON connectors (made in Japan)
- Gold-plated connectors for input stage signal and transformer primary stage
- Aluminum remote control with magnetic rear flap
- LED display with dimmable option and total blanking option.
PREAMP OUT, HT BYPASS
EX-M1+ is equipped with the most anticipated features - Preamp Output and HT Bypass. We did it differently though. The Preamp Output can be enabled/disabled by the completely redesigned Remote Control Unit. It allows you to use the EX-M1+ as a preamp only, or integrated amp where the preamp output can be connected to the subwoofer or to our monoblocks EX-B7 to biamp the loudspeakers.
The same goes to HT Bypass Input. A single press on the Remote Control Unit button enables the HT Bypass Input. The preamp stage is bypassed, EX-M1+ functions as a power amp.
1.1 Preamp Output
The preamp output can be enabled/disabled by using remote control. Modes:
OUT1: EX-M1+ as integrated amp
OUT2: EX-M1+ power amplifier stage defeated, it works as a preamp, output via the Preamp Output RCA jack
OUT1+2: EX-M1+ as integrated amp, and, preamp output activated. This is a nice feature for multiple speakers user to connect the preout to subwoofer, or, to an external amplifier output to biamp a pair of loudspeaker with the EX-M1+ amplifier output.
1.2 HT Bypass Amplifier Input
As the name suggested, with this input, you can use the EX-M1+ as a power amp. This feature can be enabled by the remote control.
Neutrality and musicality were the goals to achieve. Rich tonal quality, vivid sound imaging, details, high resolution and dynamic. The choice of the components, design, and tuning does just that.
- Frequency Response: 10-150kHz (±3dB)
- THDN: 0.0232%; 0.006% (A-Weighted)
- S/N Ratio: >103dB
- Output Power: 215W (8Ω), Both channel driven
- Damping Factor: 2000
- Gain: Normal Gain 26 dB, Lowered Gain Switch 22 dB
- Max Output Voltage: 55VAC
- AC Power: 110/240VAC, 50/60Hz (Factory configure)
Input / Output:
- Input Sensitivity: 2.25Vrms - 3.6Vrms
- Input Impedance: 50kΩ
- Input Connector: RCA x 3, XLR x 1, HT BYPASS x 1
- Output: Speaker Binding Post 4mm L/R Channel
- Output: Preamp Output x 1
Dimension and weight:
- Dimension: 430 W x 125 H x 370D
- Weight: 25KG
Press reviews (EX-M1):