Supra PLY 3.4/S - (on meter)
- SUPRA PLY cable is a cable with a large cross-section and low resistance, which reduces the effect of skininess and distortions of waves due to the pure tin coating.
Ply 3.4/S - Shielded 2 x 3.4 mm2 Low Inductive Speaker Cabel
Supra Ply combines low induction and tin plating which provides for explosive dynamics. The shielded Ply 3.4/S provide even better performance when this model's added screen earth lead is connected to speaker minus terminal or to the earth terminal in a wall socket or mains distribution block. Ply is a multi-award winner and one-of-a-kind quality cable from Supra Cables.
Typical applications: High power HiFi systems also up to intermediate lengths where maximum field rejection or emission is required.
Supra Shielded Speaker Cables
Supra shielded cables both radiate and pick-up less noise compared to non-shielded. When installation environment gain from maximal noise immunity, Supra shielded speaker cables is the perfect choice.
The result is immediately lowered noise floor and increased dynamics of the Hi-Fi system. Especially the so called micro dynamics; tiny, tiny notes, phrasing, the small differences how hard the drum is hit, in fact all the small descrepancies making the music come alive and not sounding artificial will appear and suddenly stand out from a pitch black background, free from noise, a truly remarkable discovery for most music lovers.
The modern multimedia system is a potential hotbed for noise pick-up and signal degradation, without attention, the most prestigious Hi-Fi system will not even come close to its peak performance. It is as simple as that.
Secondly, we must consider how magnetic fields, alternating electrical fields, electromagnetic (radio-) waves, etc, affect us human beings. Whenever possible, we at SUPRA think it is worthwhile to consider lowest possible levels of fields and radiations surrounding us. SUPRA shielded cables radiate less malignant fields affecting us.
- Crossection area 3.4 / 12 mm2 / AWG
- Number of conductors 3 (+ - and screen/drain wire) pieces
- Number of strands per conductor 192 (braided) pieces
- Strand diameter 0.15 mm
- Conductor material Tin plated oxygen free 5N Copper braid
- Insulation and jacker Heat and age resistant PVC
- Screen Tin plated oxygen free 5N Copper braid (120 strands, 0.15 strand diameter)
- Screen Coverage 95 %
- External size 7.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight 156 g/m
- Resistance 5.1 Ohm / km
- Inductance 0.20 µH / m