This product is available in our stores
N.B. Every now and then we hear about creative alternative ways to arrange an earth connection if the wall socket does not provide one. There is especially one we would like to highlight as particularly hazardous and we hope this statement does not serve as yet another creative way. Occasionally the water heat radiators have been connected to the hi-fi gear cabinets or to a mains distribution block ground contact plate. This works normally from the electrical point of view. Until the following happens; one of the devices become faulty and the cabinet becomes energized with wall socket mains voltage. The water radiator system may not be properly grounded to earth potential. Now, this means that there might not be a large enough fault current through the water pipes to blow the fuse, thus disconnecting the fualty device. Further it means that most of the pipings and radiators are energized with wall socket mains voltage. If this is in an apartment house, every neighbour tenant has potentially lethal voltage in their radiators. It will not show. Until e.g. small children touches the radiator. We strongly discourages from the above or any other way to arrange a ground connection other than according to the local laws and regulations for electrical safety.
Features and benefits
- SPC - Silver plated copper, one of natures most powerful electrical conductor there is.
- LoRad stands for low radiation of electric and magnetic alternating fields, keeping you and your family free from harmful influence
- The shield protects your equipment from radiating mains, RF pick-up and allows you to enjoy your hi-fi set or TV's full potential
- Short pitch twisting of the lead cores cancels the magnetic alternating fields and will not infect adjacent interconnects with noise feedback
- LoRad shielded design will result in a cleaner sound, better picture and a more healthy home and working invironment with low levels of harmful fields.
- Unbeatable price-performance ratio
- Made in Sweden!
Cord set technical data
|Application||Grounded and shielded mains power cord set for devices offering detachable cord|
|Lead dimensions||3 x 2.5 mm2|
|Standard||European except Britain, Ireland, Denmark, Switzerland and Italy|
|Connectors||SW-EU ► SWF-10s, 24K gold plated with straight Schuko wall jack|
|Maximal continuous current||10||Ampere|
|Standard||Mains power flex with ground lead and high-end shield|
|Leads||3 x 2.5 mm2, silver plated 5N oxygen-free copper|
|Number of strands||320||pieces|
|Strand dimension||Ø 0.10||mm|
|Di-electric (insulation)||Dual layer PVC. Lead identification; green/yellow, blue & brown.|
|Number of fillers/armoring||Yarn, 3||pieces|
|Shield interconnection to ground||Drain wire, ultra flexible, tin plated, 66 strands x Ø 0.07 mm OFC.|
|Armoring and insulation||Woven polyester tape|
|Shield||Woven semi-conductive Carbon/Nolyn tape|
|Jacket||Age and heat resistant PVC|
|Outer dimension||Ø 11||mm|
|Resistance / conductor||rev.||Ohm / km|
|Nominal voltage||110 - 250||Volts|
|Maximal continuous current||16||Ampere|
Silver Plated OFC