The machined aluminium enclosure offers excellent protection from both acoustic and electrical noise.
The minimal LED display on the front panel includes power, alarm and the link status/speed for each of the 8 ports.
The AV-grade power adaptor has been designed to reduce electrical noise from AC power and prevent mains quality issues from affecting the network signals. It also boasts high power efficiency, a no-load power consumption < 0.075W and protection from short circuit, overload and over-voltage.
Switches require high speed power supplies so we could not opt for a linear power source due to their speed limitations. We set about improving the power signal by using an extremely high-quality wall supply. This clean supply permits an optimum quality network signal, driven by high-accuracy TCXO clock technology.
- Power: Green light is on when power is on
- Alarm: Red light is on when error is deteced
- LINK/ACT: Light on when port link up, flashes when active
- Operating as 1000 Mbps connection: Green
- Operating as 100 Mbps connection: Amber
- DC IN: 5V DC at 1A max. (5,=.5mm x 2.1mm, tip carries +5V)
- IN/ 1-7 Audio Grade GbE streaming ports.
- Port IN: Connect to LAN (Local Area Network).
- Port 1-7: Connect to audio/video devices