Kinki Studio EX-P27 - preamplifier (silver)
The EX Series is tuned to reproduce sound quality with balance mid and smooth extension in both ends, high and low extension. True Class-A biased, fully discrete input and output stages are the heart of the EX-P27. Rich in tonal quality, details, and high resolution. Silky smooth volume control thanks to the discrete R2R volume control, of which known for its precise and accurate volume adjustment with precision matched resistors.
R2R VOL CONTROL
Most preamps use a potentiometer for volume control. EX-P27 uses an advanced microprocessor-controlled, relay-based R2R steps attenuator. Ultra-precise 95 steps linear volume control allow you to fine adjust the volume for late-night-listening.
The design goal of the analog volume control was to accurately reproduce low noise, low distortion, detailed and uncolored sound. The relay-controlled attenuator, can provide just that.
The design principle of the relay-controlled attenuator uses multiple relays and resistors to attenuate the volume. The switching of the relays, at certain steps, may produce a low audible pop/click sound. It is completely normal and does not harm the amplifier and loudspeakers.
KINKI STUDIO EX-P27 uses the highly acclaimed precision multistep relay-controlled attenuator. Combined with the long endurance, precision hand-matched resistors, we achieved the design goal to reproduce highest transparency sound quality.
The EX-P27 uses extremely high cost 0.2µm gold-plated printed circuit board (PCB). From the perspective of PCBs, it is clear that the designer is well aware of the limitations on the fine contact area of the general circuit board, specifically increasing the soldered area at each solder joint and adding as much shielding as possible.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN P7 AND P27 ?
New version of PCB board , it is improved with more full body mid-range sound . It uses three nos of toroidal encapsulated transformers, one each to power up the display, volume control, buffer and amplification stage so that the power does not interfere with each other to improve the channel separation. EX-P27 is essential dual mono design in the same chassis.
HT Bypass Input
HT Bypass Input is located at left rear panel. This feature enable users connecting an external preamplifier to a same power amplifier such as AV preamplifier. This feature can be enabled by using remote control . When it is in HT Bypass mode, the EX-P27 preamplifier's volume /gain controls are bypassed, signal from the connected preamp at HT Bypass terminal passthrough the EX-P27 directly to the amplifier.
GOODBYE NOISE, WELCOME DARKNESS
The toroidal transformers are installed in the CNC-machined aluminum encapsulation, and the entire chassis is made of 8-10mm thick of anodized aluminum block, effectively eliminate the nasty EMI/EMC induced from the surrounding equipment.
Neutrality and musicality were the goals to achieve. Rich tonal quality, vivid sound imaging, details, high resolution and dynamic. The choice of the components, design, and tuning does just that.
- Volume control based on R2R resistor ladder with 95 steps increment
- Fully analogue circuit, based on the shortest signal routes possible and with gain stage biased in Class A
- Essential dual mono design in the same chassis
- Three transformers
- Neutrik XLR sockets
- Extremely high cost 0.2µm gold-plated printed circuit board (PCB)
- Chassis made of 8-10mm thick of anodized aluminum block, effectively eliminate the nasty EMI/EMC induced
- Gold-plated connectors for input stage signal and transformer primary stage.
- Aluminum remote control
- LED display with dimmable option
- Frequency Response: 0-50kHz ( 0.1dB) ,0-150kHz ( 1dB), 0-300kHz ( 3dB)
- THDN: 0.002% (-80dB)
- S/N Ratio: >98dB >100dB (A Weighted)
- Channel Seperation: >106dB
Input / Output:
- Input Sensitivity: 2.25Vrms - 3.6Vrms
- Input Impedance: 50kΩ
- Input Connector: RCA x 4, XLR x 4, HT Bypass x 1
- Output Voltage: 2.25Vrms - 3.6Vrms
- Maximum Output Voltage: 16Vrms
- Output Impedance: 75Ω
- Output Connector: RCA x 1, XLR x 1
- Power Consumption: 80W Max Output
Dimension and weight:
- Dimension: 430 W x 120 H x 330D
- Weight: 15KG